Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Market Stock: Autumn Harvest

I love the transition of seasons.  Something in the air clicks, and the weather becomes a frenzy of variegation, layers of clothing become necessary, and what better time to visit the farmer's market and become inspired by the fresh seasonal crops. While I have little time to make a butternut squash soup, or a pumpkin pie, I still receive such joy being amongst all the color, texture, tastes, and activity of the market.  Plus, you never know what you'll discover: a bunch of flowers for the table, a block of cheese, or simply an apple that you can eat on your way to work.  The vibrant okra I found inspired me to make one of my favorite quick and easy stew dishes, which I'll share with you later in the week. For now I hope these photos inspire you to get outside and find a grower's market to visit.












No comments:

Post a Comment