Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

I had the fortune of being in the Hamptons over the long Easter weekend, and finally on Sunday, the sun and the warmth blanketed the countryside. That day an acquaintance of mine named Bob Tortora took me to a new project he is developing in Sagaponack, NY--a township close to East Hampton. He has built a house in the style of a barn. I like the fact that it's neither ostentatious nor a cookie cutter McMansion. While I took some photos of the inside of the house--the scale is quite stunning--I want to tease you a bit first with the exterior and the splendor of the beautiful spring day that surrounded the structure. I love how the muted colors of the house and the enveloping nature mesh so well together.

I'll post photos of the interior very soon. In the meantime, check out Tortora's website, which he's in the process of updating. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment