Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Wedding in Another Hall

I must be in a romantic mood!  This wedding came to mind after my last posting on Friday.  I created this reception for 700 guests at the Four Seasons, outside, along the Bosporus during a late summer evening.  The challenge for this affair was keeping the enormous outdoor area from feeling flat.  I solved the problem by lightly tenting numerous tables and keeping the theme in black and white: I actually covered the entire floor with 4m squares of black and white carpet rolls and filled the tables with long white orchids and clear Belgian hurricanes.





2 comments:

  1. From a distance, the reception looks like a skyline at night. Beautiful – and certainly not flat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Wonderfully romantic. I hope this experience stamps out some of the recent chatter Ken Wampler of the Alpha Workshops has been spreading regarding your "lack of experience". Silly man he is. It's all for naught. We love your work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete